AVAYA Voice Portal network consists of the Voice Portal system and other external systems.
The Voice Portal system consists of two major subsystems:
• The Voice Portal Management System (VPMS), which controls the Voice Portal system.
• One or more Media Processing Platform (MPP) servers, which process all incoming and outgoing calls.
In the Voice Portal network, external systems include the following:
• Private Branch Exchange (PBX) servers.
• Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and TexttoSpeech (TTS) speech servers.
• Application servers.
Voice Portal Management System components:
Installed on the Linux operating system, the VPMS software consists of the following components:
• Voice Portal Management System web application
• Application log manager
• Alarm manager
• Network log manager
• Avaya License Manager
• Voice Portal database
Additionally, the VPMS relies on several third party components, which get installed automatically as part of the VPMS installation, including:
• Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition Software Development Kit: Java runtime
• Apache Tomcat: web servlet container
• Apache Axis: web services container
• PostgreSQL: SQL database server
MPP server components:
The MPP server consists of the following components:
• System Manager
• Web services
• Session Manager
• Avaya Voice Browser
• CCXML Browser
• Speech proxies
• Event Manager